What is Sensitive Skin?
Some people just have picky skin. It seems even looking at the wrong skincare product can cause redness and irritation for some people. Generally, sensitive skin is caused by a weak skin barrier. This can be caused by being too rough with your skin or it can just be a genetic predisposition.
But not to worry, there are still a lot of skincare products out there that people with sensitive skin can use. OxygenCeuticals’ sensitive skincare line are not only suitable for sensitive skintypes, but can help improve and strengthen skin!
Let’s take a look!
Any skincare routine has to start with cleansing. A lot of people feel that some cleansers strip their skin of all of their moisture, leaving it feeling taut and dry. OxygenCeuticals suggests two cleansers that get the cleaning job done without destroying the skin’s natural moisture barrier.
This is a wonderful 1st step cleanser for those who want to double cleanse without drying out their skin. It contains Safflower Seed Oil, Kyounin Yu, and Algin. Safflower Seed Oil contains linoleic acid which helps maintain your skin’s protective barrier and prevents flaking. It offers both occlusive and emollient properties that moisturize and nourish the skin. Algin, also known as alginic acid, is a naturally occurring polymer extracted from brown algae. This makes it an emulsifying agent that helps thicken the product’s texture while providing binding moisture to the skin that doesn’t evaporate away.
To use this cleanser:
- Take an appropriate amount and gently rub all over the face.
- Use a tissue, cotton pad, or sponge to remove.
- Follow up with second step of cleansing with the Purifying Foaming Wash.
- This cleanser can be used as a stand-alone cleanser if you don’t wear heavy makeup.
This natural, plant-based foaming wash helps to minimize pores while removing impurities, makeup and dirt. Dimethyl Sulfone and Botanical extracts create a rich foam to cleanse while simultaneously delivering essential nutrients to the skin. Its Botanical ingredients are made up of Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract, Saururus Chinensis Leaf/Root Extract and Apricot Kernel Extract. These ingredients provide anti-inflammation and antimicrobial effects without stripping the skin.
It’s even been skin irritant patch tested to work perfectly on sensitive skin types, making it a wonderful cleanser for acne as well as dry skin.
To use this cleanser:
- Take an adequate amount and lather with water.
- Gently apply on the skin and gently rub.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Can be used as a stand-alone foaming cleanser if you don’t wear heavy makeup.
After cleansing, you need something to wipe off the last tiny bits of dirt and grime that your cleanser just didn’t catch. Not to mention, there are many toners that provide moisturizing benefits as well as toning.
OxygenCeuticals has a few different toners that work well for sensitive skin. Let’s check them out!
- Toning Gel
- Centella Asiatica and Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extracts in Toning Gel relieve sunburn, atopy, irritation, and pain on the skin, especially after facial treatments.
- Key Ingredients: Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract / Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract / Adenosine / Allantoin
- How to use:
- Apply adequate amount to the face.
- Gently tap into the skin until absorbed.
- Mix with Clarifying Mask or HA Gel to create a soothing facial mask or as a base before or after facial treatments.
- Cryogenic Activator
- Contains high amount of dissolved oxygen and minerals from desalinated deep sea water. Soothes and regenerates skin after facial procedures such as LASER, peeling, and microneedling therapy.
- Key Ingredients: Sea Water / Oxygen
- How to Use:
- Spray mist onto the face.
- Spray cotton pads with activator to create a mummy mask.
- D:O2 Activator
- Double oxygen skin booster with pure oxygen that instantly soothes and moisturizes the skin after aesthetic procedures.
- Key Ingredients: Sea Water / Oxygen / Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate
- How to Use:
- Spray adequate amount onto face at toner step.
- Reapply onto the skin as needed.
Every once in a while, you have to exfoliate your skin. Maybe once or twice a week, depending on your skin type and what products you use. Exfoliating is essential for those who want a brighter, healthier glow on their skin. And that’s because exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells by breaking the bonds that glue them together, allowing new skin cells to rise to the surface.
Exfoliating, or peeling, can also be considered ‘third-step’ cleansing. Your exfoliating product can get rid of any of the deeply hidden dirt and debris in your pores that your first two cleansers missed.
OxygenCeuticals even has a peel suitable to use on sensitive skin!
The Daily Botanicals Enzyme Peel is a gentle, gommage peel. ‘Gommage’ comes from the French word for ‘erasing’. A gommage peel works by applying a cream or paste to the skin, letting it sit for a minute or so, and then rubbing the product into the skin. When rubbed, the product will curl up into little balls that resemble something like pencil shavings, taking your dead skin along with it.
Most gommage peels contain enzymes which act as the exfoliating agents. The Daily Botanicals Enzyme Peel contains Pineapple and Papaya enzymes and extracts to exfoliate dull skin and unclog pores gently.
The inclusion of Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract works to protect the skin with its antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. This helps to make the product suitable for even very sensitive or acne prone skin.
After using it, your skin will feel softer and smoother, and over time, if done consecutively, dark spots will begin to fade as dead skin cells are removed and new skin cells are pushed to the surface.
To use the peel:
- After toner, apply adequate amount onto moistened face or neck.
- Let sit for about 30 seconds to 1 minute to allow the enzymes to break down dead skin cells.
- Gently rub to exfoliate and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Use 1-2 times a week depending on skin type.
You might be wondering, “what is the difference between an ampoule and a serum?” or even “why do I need to use an ampoule in the first place?” Well, an ampoule is essentially a super extra potent serum that targets a specific skin concern. You might only use an ampoule on occasions when your skin feels particularly dry and use a serum twice daily.
OxygenCeuticals’ Fluid Line contains six powerful targeted ampoules that aid in every skin concern. We have one ampoule specifically for sensitive skin!
What does ‘couperose’ even mean? It’s a French word used to describe Rosacea, a chronic skin disorder. Those with “couperose skin” have inflamed, redness-prone skin, but they may not necessarily suffer from Rosacea. This condition is pretty common for people with fairer skin tones.
Our Couperose Fluid is ampoule targeted towards calming and soothing red and inflamed skin. It contains two powerful soothing ingredients: Aloe Vera Leaf Extract and Cabbage Rose Flower Water. Both of these ingredients cool down inflamed skin, thereby reducing visible redness.
It also contains hydrolyzed collagen for improved skin elasticity and hyaluronic acid for moisture. So if you have dry and sensitive skin, this fluid will be just the thing for you!
To use the Couperose Fluid:
- Apply 1-2 drops of the fluid to the skin.
- Pat gently until fully absorbed.
- Recommended to use with Couperose Cream for better soothing results.
Our next step seems obvious! Serum! A skin serum is a light, easily absorbed liquid that you spread on your skin for extra nutrients, moisture, etc. A serum can even have multiple functions! OxygenCeuticals’ line of serums certainly does.
We’ll share a few different serums that work amazingly on sensitive skin!
- ReGenon Serum
- A brightening antioxidant serum that builds firm and toned skin from the ground up. This powerful serum contains the highest concentration of Idebenone, a new, cutting-edge super antioxidant, at 20,000ppm.
- Key Ingredients: Idebenone / Oil Complex / Amino Acid 17 Complex
- How to Use:
- Apply an adequate amount to the skin.
- Gently tap into the skin until fully absorbed.
- Use with ReGenon Cream for enhanced anti-oxidative and hydrating effects.
- Moisture Aqua Serum
- An ultra-hydrating serum, packing with Sodium Hyaluronate and Jojoba Oil, that retains moisture and keeps skin hydrated. Suitable for acne, dry, oily, and other skin types.
- Key Ingredients: Sodium Hyaluronate / Jojoba Oil / Arginine / Propolis Extract
- How to Use:
- Apply adequate amount to the skin.
- Tap gently until fully absorbed.
- For best results, mix with a fluid of your choice.
- Hydra Soothing Essence Forte
- Essence containing Squalene and Vitamin E. Hydrates and calms redness or sensitivity caused by skin dehydration.
- Key Ingredients: Squalene / Vitamin E / Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract / Licorice Root Extract.
- How to Use:
- Apply adequate amount onto the skin.
- Gently tap until fully absorbed.
6. Facial Mask
What fun would skincare be if we couldn’t just plop a mask on our face, get something to drink, and chill on our couch while the mask does its magic?
If you know skincare, you’ll know that a sheet mask actually should come before any cream or moisturizer is applied to the skin. Originating in South Korea, the sheet mask is basically a sheet, soaked in an ampoule, to sit and let absorb into the skin for bonus nutrients.
Let me show you OxygenCeuticals’ best sheet masks for sensitive skin!
Sheet masks are a staple in Korean skincare, but ours is special. Our Ceutisome CC Mask is made with ultra-soft Bemliese fabric. Made from the short fibers, called linter, around cotton seeds, this fabric absorbs more of the ampoule in the mask and sits on the skin so smoothly that you don’t feel any of the itching or discomfort you might feel with a generic sheet mask.
Moreover, the CC Mask cools and soothes the skin while even controlling sebum production. Xylitol physically cools the skin’s temperature. Overheated skin is often inflamed and irritated. Witch Hazel Extract and 7-White Complex keeps the skin balanced while protecting it from harmful environmental substances.
If you have redness-prone skin, you’ll feel instantly refreshed after using this mask!
To use the Ceutisome CC Mask:
- Remove the mask from its package.
- Apply the mask on the face.
- Leave the mask on for 10-20 minutes.
- After removing the mask, gently tap the skin to help the remaining serum absorb fully into the skin.
OxygenCeuticals specializes in post-procedure care. That’s how we started out! So we know exactly what it takes for a good sheet mask to calm and soothe irritated skin after procedures like microneedling, microblading, lasers, etc.
The Ceutisome PP Mask is such a mask. This sheet is crafted with soft cotton and eucalyptus fibers mixed in an optimal ratio to rest gently on the skin without itchiness or irritation. Designed to be used directly after dermatological treatments, this mask accelerates damaged skin recovery. It also contains DNA to enhance skin cell regeneration and ceramide to strengthen the skin barriers.
If you have sensitive skin and want some relief, the PP mask can provide instant calming to your skin.
To use the PP Mask:
- Adhere the mask to the skin evenly.
- Leave the mask on for 10-20 minutes.
- Remove the mask and gently massage the skin with the remaining essence.
- Layer with PP Cream for maximum recovery.
If these two masks don’t match your skin concerns. We have a few other masks available!
The Couperose Cream is a light-weight, all-over moisturizer formulated with 7 types of botanical extracts.
And there’s no need to worry if your skin will react badly. This product has been hypoallergenic tested and proven not to cause any adverse reactions on the skin!
Tomato Fruit/Leaf/Stem extract works to moisturize and regenerate the skin while Turnip extract calms and soothes redness. Your skin will be thanking you once you apply this cream. Over time, you’ll see the redness fade away!
To use the Couperose Cream:
- Apply an adequate amount to the skin.
- Gently tap until it is absorbed.
- Recommended to use Couperose Fluid first and then layer with Couperose Cream for better soothing and calming benefits
If the Couperose Cream isn’t for you, you can also try PP Cream if your skin is irritated from a dermatological procedure. If you’d like to enhance your skin barriers and build up skin immunity, try the Skin Barrier Ato Cream. If you’d like some anti-aging benefits from your cream, try the ReGenon Cream. Finally, if you want some after sun care, try our Soothing Aloe Vera Gel.
8. Sun Care
This is the moment of truth. Sun Care is Dark Spot Care. Bottom Line. The number one cause of hyperpigmentation and dark spots is UVA and UVB damage from sun exposure. If you have sensitive skin, then the sun might just be your number one enemy.
Here’s what OxygenCeuticals has in store for sun protection!
This super lightweight sun screen protects your skin from UVA and UVB sun rays to prevent sun damages like dark spots, sun spots, premature aging, and even more dangerous conditions.
It’s a unique combination of mineral and chemical sun filters to ensure your skin is protected from all angles. This sunscreen absorbs flawlessly into the skin without any white cast or greasiness. It also smells really good (but maybe that’s only important to me).
Let’s not forget its bonus benefits! Vitamin E in the formula protects the skin’s moisture barrier and keeps nasty environmental hazards from sticking to the skin. Hyaluronic Acid keeps the skin hydrated and Allantoin soothes and calms skin. Sounds like the perfect formula for a summer sunscreen.
To use the TP Sun Cream:
- Apply an adequate amount to the skin. (Try two fingerlengths of cream, or a teaspoon amount)
- Use a the final step in your daily skincare routine.
- Or finish with Intensive Blemish Balm to reveal healthy, glowing skin.
If you need a sunscreen with more ‘oomph’, try the Leport’s Sunblock. This sunscreen can be used on both your face and body, so all bases are covered. This waterproof formula is perfect for anyone who plays sports or lives an active outdoor lifestyle.
Completely invisible after application, it’ll provide moisture to your skin as well keep it safe.
Another combination sunscreen with both mineral and chemical filters, it also contains Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E, and Aloe Vera Leaf Juice Powder for soothing benefits.
To use Leport’s Sunblock:
- Apply an adequate amount to the skin (for the face: about two fingerlengths).
- Pat it evenly onto the skin until invisible.
For extra sun protection and some skin evening action, try out OxygenCeuticals Intensive Blemish Balm and O2 Cushion as an everyday makeup combo.
9. Skincare Kits
Some of our best products come in the form of sets. I mean, doesn’t everyone love to save money on their skincare? OxygenCeuticals offers several ‘kits’ for various skin concerns, containing two or three products in one package to make it easier for you to organize your own skin regimen.
Here are some of OxygenCeuticals’ best Skincare Kits for sensitive skin!
We love a customized skincare set. Our Ceutisome Trial Kits can be mixed and matched to create the perfect ampoule solution for your specific skin type and skin concern.
The Ceutisome O Trial Kit contains the Ceutisome Oilycom Ampoule, the O-Booster, and the Ceutisome Stem Formula.
The combination of the Oilycom Ampoule and O-Booster helps to relieve inflammation and achieve healthy skin by soothing and boosting skin renewal activity.
Its three main ingredients all work together for ultimate soothing treatment. Tryptophan normalizes the skin regeneration cycle, Citrus Callus Extract provides concentrated treatment care to affected areas, and sh-Oligo peptide-3 enhances the skin protection layer to keep skin safe.
Adding the Stem Formula into the mix ensures maximum absorption. The Stem Formula, an O2 carrier, purifies the skin by removing carbon dioxide and supplying oxygen. It also accelerates healing and inhibits signs of aging by activating the metabolism of skin cells.
You can also buy another Trial Kit and mix with the O Trial Kit to get customized results. If you have dry and irritated skin, try mixing with the H Trial Kit. For irritated and pigmented skin, mix with the P Trial Kit. Finally, if you want anti-aging benefits alongside soothing care, mix with the W Trial Kit.
To Use the O Trial Kit:
- Combine the Booster and Stem Formula together with the Ceutisome Ampoule (pour the booster and stem formula into the ampoule bottle).
- Shake well and apply 1/3 of the mixure onto the skin.
- For use as an ampoule, pat until fully absorbed.
- Apply and then use the MTS Nano Pen for an ampoule infusion treatment at home.
If you’re not absolutely sure about some of these products yet, we have great “starter kits” that will let you get a peek at the good they can do for your skin. For sensitive skin, we offer the CC Starter Kit!
Very simple to use! Sans cleansing, it provides a full skincare regimen for you so you don’t have to fret over making up your own.
After cleansing, preferably with OxygenCeuticals’ Purifying Foaming Wash or Gentle Facial Cleansing Lotion, apply the Skin Balancing Toner to soothe redness and balance the skin to its natural pH level. Afterwards, apply the Couperose Fluid for a boost of moisture and calming power. Finally use the Couperose Cream to lock in that moisture while its botanical ingredients reduces inflammation on the skin.
To use the CC Starter Kit:
- Cleanse with Purifying Foaming Wash or Gentle Facial Cleansing Lotion.
- Apply Skin Balancing Toner onto the skin with a cotton pad.
- Apply 1-2 drops of Couperose Fluid and pat gently until absorbed.
- Finish with an adequate amount of Couperose Cream. Pat until absorbed.
- Optional : Use the Ceutisome CC Mask after the Couperose Fluid and before cream for extra cooling and calming effect.
In the gigantic world of skincare and the thousands of skincare products, having sensitive skin can seem limiting. You always have to double check ingredients and patch test products before buying them to make sure they don’t irritate or upset you. You can rest assured that OxygenCeuticals has your back. We offer the best quality ingredients for every skin type. Just follow this skin routine and you’ll find yourself glowing!
Breathe life into your skin!
Until next time!